After buying an air conditioner, you need to install the outdoor unit, so how can you ensure the safety of the outdoor unit installation?
At this time, surely we need to fix the outdoor unit on the air conditioner bracket to ensure its safety.
What Is Air Conditioner Bracket?
Air conditioner bracket is also called air conditioner outdoor unit bracket. It’s a support frame that supports air conditioner outdoor unit (for a thing as heavy as the air conditioner outdoor unit, it must be fixed).
Regardless of wind, water, or drain, the air conditioner bracket is a good tool to fix the air conditioner outdoor units.
Material Classification of Air Conditioner Bracket
There are a variety of raw materials for air conditioning brackets, which are generally divided into: angle steel, galvanized sheet, and stainless steel.
So which kind of material should you use? When selecting an air conditioner bracket, the key point is to consider its corrosion resistance. Then which kind of raw material has a strong anti-corrosion ability?
Obviously, the actual effect of the stainless steel plate air conditioner bracket is the best. Which has a long life span, corrosion resistance, and alkali resistance. It has strong performance and can be very firm to fix the outside air conditioner.
1. The life span of angle steel bracket is about 5-7 years. Generally, its thickness is > 3 mm, and you must replace it in time when the bracket reaches the end of life, then the outer machine bracket will not break.
Angle Steel Bracket
2. Galvanized sheet is a steel plate coated with a layer of zinc, which is used to prevent rust, so the galvanized sheet has a strong anti-rust ability. Its lifespan is about 7-10 years, and its thickness is generally >2.5 mm.
Galvanized Sheet Bracket
3. Stainless steel can not only prevent rust but also have the functions of corrosion resistance, air resistance, and water resistance. So it’s very durable. The life span of stainless steel bracket is 10-15 years. 304 stainless steel bracket is not easy to rust, can be used 15 years without issue. 201 stainless steel will rust after a long time, but the price is cheaper, and the life span is also shorter than 304 stainless steel, approx. 10 years.
Meanwhile, the thickness of stainless steel bracket is > 2 mm.
Stainless Steel Bracket
If the outdoor unit is installed on the outdoor wall, we recommend stainless steel (if you have enough money). In real daily life, many families rarely check and replace the bracket after installing the air conditioner. Although the price of the stainless steel bracket is higher, it is worthwhile to spend more money to use it, because in the future it seldom brings you trouble.
Attention: In some rainy areas, the life span of AC bracket will be much lower than that in dry areas. Because the bracket is located outdoors without any shelter, which is easier to rust and affect its use. If your bracket is severely rusty, replace it as soon as possible to avoid accidentally injuring pedestrians and vehicles.
Air Conditioning Bracket Load-bearing
The load-bearing capacity of air conditioner bracket can’t be less than 4 times the air conditioner’s weight.
The support of 1hp (horse-power) and 1.5hp air conditioners generally bears no less than 150kg ( high-quality material can reach 250kg), and the load-bearing capacity of the outdoor unit above 2hp is not less than 180KG (with good material and quality, can reach 400kg).
How to Install the Air Conditioner Bracket?
1. First compare the two vertical rods of the air conditioner bracket to see if they are the same height and if the height of the screw eyes on the top is the same.
2. Fix a vertical rod of the air conditioner bracket with a screw. Don’t fix it too tight at the beginning, just screw it in place by hand.
3. Pull the diagonal rod down to the bottom. Then, tighten the fixing screws with a wrench.
4. When installing the fixing screws, the screws are generally to the outside, which is good for tightening the screws.
5. The assembly method of the other side bracket is the same as the first one.
6. After the two brackets are assembled, compare whether the installation positions of the two inclined rods are the same height.
It is helpful to ensure the horizontal state of the air conditioner’s external unit.
How to Install an Air Conditioning Bracket
Precautions for Installation of Air Conditioner Bracket
1. Installation position
The outdoor unit of the air conditioner shouldn’t be wall-mounted on installation surfaces with loose materials (such as brick walls of old houses, hollow brick walls, etc.).
When you have to adopt the wall-mounted installation, must fully consider the material of the installation surface (factors such as strength and bearing tolerance and the number of air conditioners installed on the same installation surface), necessarily take reinforcement or protective measures to ensure the safe operation of the air conditioner and personal safety.
2. Expansion bolts
Construction and installation on a brick wall or concrete wall, a 1HP~2HP air conditioner, no less than 4 expansion bolts; 2P or more air conditioners, no less than 6 expansion bolts. If it is constructed on a hollow brick wall, the hollow brick wall has no bearing capacity, and the bracket must be fixed with through-wall screws. The specifications of expansion bolts for the walls of general commercial houses: 10mm X 100mm or above.
3. Anti-corrosion inspection
Check the quality and thickness of the bracket during installation. As the air conditioner bracket is used all year round, you can regularly check whether it is rusty to prevent accidents. If the bracket is corroded or loose, please contact supplier maintenance personnel to replace it in time.
Does the Air Conditioner Bracket Have a Shock Absorption Effect?
Compared with the outdoor unit installed on a fixed equipment platform, the outdoor unit air conditioning bracket has a certain shock absorption effect, but the effect is not too obvious.
Because the noise mainly comes from the machine inside rather than the outside.
But now there are outdoor brackets with shock-absorbing cushions, which can reduce noise due to the vibration to a certain extent. Of course, the corresponding price is also a bit expensive.
You must note that: one end of the damping pad is installed on the base of the outdoor unit, and the other end is installed on the bracket.
Both ends must be installed firmly, otherwise, it will increase the noise.
Every AC needs the air conditioning bracket, but not everyone has enough knowledge about it, when you learn more, you will reduce your risk when using it.
Meanwhile, if any bracket broken, you can repair it or know how to solve the problem.
Hope you can choose the most suitable air conditioning bracket as well.
Welcome leave a message or repost.